John Deutsch University Centre Print by Richard Armstrong

Richard Armstrong


These are the stairs leading to the University Avenue entrance to the John Deutsch University Centre (JDUC) used by thousands of students over the years on their way to the Queen’s Pub. The original building was constructed in 1862, purchased by Queen’s in 1927, and after a fire in 1947, rebuilt to the what we see today. An interesting tidbit is that the building did not allow women until the 1950’s and even then only in certain parts of the building for specific purposes. 

Share this Product