The Victoria School can trace its roots back to 1832. However, the existing three-story local brick and cotta building was constructed in 1892-93 at a cost of $20,000. The school was opened in March, 1893 with J.G. Ettinger as its first principal. Architect Williams’s design was regarded as Victorian and ‘state of the art’ at the time. Today the building is the School of Business for Queen’s University, also known as Goodes Hall.